Please make sure to scroll down through the entire page as there is a lot of varied information on such important topics as ADHD to Depression to Trauma.
- Conversation Starters for Parents to Talk to their Children about Drugs/Alcohol
- Making the Talk Count! - Age appropriate information to help guide the discussions
- The Alliance for Safe Kids - Local support groups
- Childmind.org - Helping Children when and where they need it most
- Parents - Help with Test Anxiety
- UNDERSTOOD...a new tool for parent information!
- This Winter, the Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CUCARD) Westchester is pleased to offer comprehensive programs and support for children, adolescents, young adults and their families who struggle with anxiety, OCD, and related concerns. All groups meet at our office, located at 155 White Plains Road, Suite 200 in Tarrytown. To see what is being offered, <click here>. For more information about any of the programs below, please contact them at 914-631-4618
- Lifelines: A Suicide Prevention Program Parent Resources
In 10th-grade Health class, your child has or will be learning about Mental Health and better understanding what they can do to improve their mental wellness. As in years past, our school counselors will be joining us as we approach our Suicide Prevention portion of the unit. Here are some parent resources for your review:
- Teaching Your Teen About Binge Drinking
- Alcohol Consumption and the College Scene
- Tips to Prevent Underage Drinking
- Statistics on Underage Drinking - The Infographic is powerful
- What Juuling/Vaping does to your body
- Vaping Presentation from Dr. Stumacher
- Marijuana and Psychosis
Heroin and Opioids
- Opioid Presentation from NY State
- Facts about Controlled Substances - Know the risks and know the facts
- Facts about Controlled Substances (Spanish)
- Facts on Heroin and Opioids - Data and some suggestions to prevent use/abuse
- Facts on Heroin and Opioids (Spanish)
- Signs and Red Flags - of a potential problem
- What is Social Anxiety?
- Anxiety: Tips for Teens
- What Can Parents do to Help Children with Test Anxiety?
Child Mind Institute
- Resources for Families - Find Information of a Variety of Mental Health Topics
- Mental Health Disorders and Substance Abuse
- Binge Drinking
DBT - Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Mental Health Articles/Websites
Disclaimer: Please note that some pages on the North Salem Central School District website contain links to third party sites, which are not within our control and may not comply with accessibility standards. North Salem Central School District is not responsible for the content, facts, opinions or accessibility of third-party sites.