The purpose of the Office of Curriculum and Instruction is focused on ensuring that the District's Mission is achieved by providing the following:
- An articulated K-12 instructional program
- Teaching and learning which reflects our Problem Solving Cycle, Profile of a North Salem Graduate and Profile of a North Salem Fifth Grader
- Curriculum that adheres to New York State's Next Generation Learning Standards
- Curricular and instructional resources for all school personnel
- Professional development for all instructional and administrative staff
The North Salem Central School District has partnered with the Tri State Consortium and Ed Leader 21 in order to receive the highest quality professional development for our staff that is focused on our Mission. Our local partners for professional development in curriculum and instruction are Putnam Northern Westchester BOCES and the Lower Hudson Regional Information Center. In addition the Office of Curriculum and Instruction will contract with independent consultants to assist in advancing our District's Mission and initiatives.
Please contact Mr. Julio Vazquez at 914 669-5414 ext 1065 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information.